Monday, February 22, 2010

Week four...


Not sure what to do now, I feel a little bit lost. Three weeks ago I was determined that I could lose 12 pounds by the end of February. It was too much and I knew it. But I put it out there. The only thing I have to show for it is 3.6 pounds lost. Where is my inner cheerleader? I'd tell anyone that 3.6 pounds is better than none. And it is certainly better than gaining. But i'm not happy. I'm not happy with myself for getting lazy about the weekends, when I don't track what I eat. I'm not happy with myself for not having a consistent workout schedule. I'm not happy with myself for being unhappy with myself. So it's time for a new plan. (Hey, i'm not one to stick with something if it doesn't seem to be working.)

-2 pounds per week. By March 29 (5 weeks from now) i'd be at 158.6
-Eat somewhere between 1200 and 1400 calories per day. Less than 1200 seems to be telling my body to do the opposite of what I want it to!
-Starting my 5K training program today and want to do Jazzercise twice a week (min.)

So there is really only one true "action" that I need to change/add (since the first is merely a goal and since i'm already eating and writing down what I eat (yes, this will include the weekends from now on), i'm just eating a bit more. The third will be the hardest. Starting a new habit is tough for me, especially since it's one that I don't particularly enjoy. Oh well, it's good for me and will eventually be worth it right?

No comments: