Monday, February 1, 2010

Why weight...


Why indeed? Summer isn't getting further away. Today is a Monday. Today is the first day of February. Okay, here goes...172.2. Ugh. It looks even worse in print. It's terribly embarassing. My goal? 160 by March 1. Is it too lofty? Is it doable? I suppose that there's only one way to find out. After that the goals will be smaller, maybe 5 per month. But if I know anything it's that it's easiest to lose the first 10 (or 12.2 in my case). I ate like a pig this weekend, like a girl that knew she had resigned herself to deprivation and desperation come Monday morning. I know, I know...it doesn't have to be like that. I could just eat less and not do the whole "you don't have to give up what you love" thing. But no, that's never worked for me. And when it comes to losing weight, aren't you supposed to do what works for you? Eight years ago I lost 22.4 pounds. I weighed five pounds less than I do now when I started that. I haven't settled on the tools yet. Weight Watchers worked then, but Spark People wasn't around. Suffice it to say that I will be writing it all down. Everything. Even the stuff i'm ashamed of.
I plan to do measurements later, when i'm alone in the house. When I can work up to it. And i'll be planning the exercise that simply must accompany the eating less. Wish me luck!

No comments: